Buses will wait for five (5) minutes after arriving at the designated stop. Students who have not been picked up will be brought back to school and it will placed in After School Care until parent arrives to pick them up. After School Care fees will apply until they are picked-up which must be paid that day. Students brought back to school more than once will be subject to losing their bus privileges.
Bus riders are not allowed to ride any BCS bus other than the one they are assigned to on this agreement without receiving prior approval from the school office. No student will be allowed to ride a BCS bus without having a completed bus transportation agreement signed by a parent or guardian on file at the school.
Riding the bus is a PRIVILEGE, not a right. Students who misbehave on the bus will be denied the right to ride the bus for a specified period of time, usually ranging from one to ten days. Repeated misconduct or conduct detrimental to the safety of other students may be grounds for permanent suspension of bus privileges.
Students are expected to conduct themselves in a well-behaved manner while riding school vehicles. BCS reserves the right to remove any student whose behavior is detrimental to the safety of other students riding the bus. Parents who have concerns about behavior or the safety of students riding the bus should contact the school principal immediately.
The following is expected of all students riding the bus:
- All riders will be seated and will not move from seat to seat.
- Damage to seats will result in the student being responsible for repairs.
- Aisles are to be clear of book bags, musical instruments, athletic bags or equipment, etc.
- Food, drink and tobacco products are not permitted on the bus.
- Students are not to be excessively loud.
- Profanity of any sort will not be tolerated.
- Students are not to yell at pedestrians or other vehicles or throw objects from the bus.
- All electronic devices must be turned off while on the school bus.