Wolf Call - February 18th 2016
- You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.
- The 3 C’s of life: Choices, Chances, Changes. You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change.
- Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you made, if you want different results start making different choices.
If you wish to speak with any of your child’s teachers we ask that you set up a conference. Please contact the teacher by email (teacher email addresses are on our website) or the school office to setup a meeting date and time.
If you need a conference with all of your child’s teachers please email or contact the school office for their homeroom teachers. Please know teachers before school, during school and after school are preparing for our students’ instruction.
Our yearbooks are hardcover, 52-full color page books. Books are $30. Yearbooks and advertisements may be ordered on-line at ybpay.lifetouch.com. Use the code 9448516. View the Wolf Call online and click on the underlined link and it will take you directly to Lifetouch to enter the code. Purchase your yearbook at our science fair/family BINGO night! Yearbooks are available for purchase on-line, however you may also purchase a copy in person during our science fair/family BINGO night on February 12th. Yearbooks are $30, and checks may be payable BCMS
Yearbook Personal and Business Messages:
Yearbook Personal and Business Messages: Share a special message of congratulations and support to your child in our 2015-2016 yearbook! Message and advertising space is available for photos, messages, collages, and business advertisement.
To purchase space in the yearbook for messages or advertisements, please go to: ybpay.lifetouch.com and enter the code 9448516. If you would like to create a personal message, simply click on “advertisement for student” and select your preferred size. Additional information for each size can be found by hovering over the question mark. Photos, messages, and/or business cards can be sent to Ms. Vodenichar via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or brought to school. Photos will be returned.
Clubs and Activities
-April 12th, – 7:00pm
-May 17th – 7:00pm
-May 12th – 7:00pm
-Every Tuesday from 3:00-4:15pm
BETA CLUB MEETINGS
-March 9–7th and 8th grade Beta Club
-April 6–7th Grade Beta Club
-April 13–8th Grade Beta Club
-May 4–7th and 8th Grade Beta Club
BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL TRYOUTS –
Basketball Meeting took place for all interested players on February 8th. Items required to tryout include: a current BCMS sports physical, BCMS grade check form, a signed permission form, mouth guard and protective supporter (males). Baseball and Softball tryouts will be Tuesday, February 16th – Friday, February 19th. Softball tryouts will be from 3:00-4:30pm and Baseball tryouts will be from 4:00-5:30pm. Boys will have study hall in Ms. Rodgers room until tryouts begin.
8th grade parents Early College Information – Applications are now available online. Early College applications are due February 26th. All other deadlines for academy applications will be March 26th as posted.
Open Houses – Open Houses have not been posted for High Schools at this time. Please go to the Rockingham County website for further information.
Riddle Me This
- Railroad crossing without any cars. Can you spell that without any R’s?
- How many apples grow on a tree?
- A man was sitting on his couch and searching for the English Channel. How did he find it?
Last week’s answers
- You fill the five gallon up and pour it into the 3 gallon. Then dump the 3 gallon out and pour what was left in the 5 gallon into the 3 gallon so that you have 2 gallons in the 3 gallon. Then fill the 5 gallon up and pour it into the 3 gallon to fill it up. Now you have 4 gallons in the 5 gallons.
- A tongue
- Lunch and dinner
Progress Reports come home today. Please check your child’s wolf pouch for progress reports.
Snow Make-up Days
- January 21st – make up day
- February 15th – make up day
- February 29th – make up day
- April 20th – will now be a full day
- May 3rd – will now be a full day
- June 9th, June 10th becomes a half day and the last day of school.
Chili Cook Off
The BCMS Band will host its 8th Annual Chili Cook-Off on February 27 from 4 to 6pm. Please join us and enjoy some fantastic chili and desserts, just $5 per person. Have a great chili you would like to enter? Please see a band student or contact Mrs Gauldin (email@example.com) for an entry form.
Peoples' Choice Awards
- 6th Jordan Rogers
- 7th Elena Brummitt
- 8th Baylee Fishero.
8th Grade Field Trip
- April 28th-29th, 2016
- Student Price-$205/Adult Price-$220
- Second Deposit is due by FEBRUARY 19th
- FINAL Deposit-MARCH 18
***Trip Cut Off Date will be MARCH 6th***
2015 BCMS Science Fair
- 6th grade
– 1st Kylie Huffman
– 2nd Reece Latimer
– 3rd Khloie McClain HM Chase Newton
- 7th grade
– 1st Josh Gautier
– 2nd Colby Evans
– 3rd Reese Hubbard HM Jackson Dalton
- 8th grade
– 1st Noah Purgason
– 2nd Alli Willoughby
– 3rd Baylee Fisher HM Adam Philpott
Thank you to all your hard work and support for the science fair this year. We are proud of all our students success in science experimentation and innovation.o.