May 21st, 2020
A river cuts through a rock not because of its power but because of its persistence.
Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
Stay positive, work hard, make it happen
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF
Our next pick up and drop off day is scheduled for Friday, May 22nd from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Please remember we are still following the COVID -19 regulations. Only 10 people in one area at a time as well as keeping a 6-foot distance. If you have any symptoms of the virus or have been exposed to someone who has had the virus, please stay home. Call us and schedule a pick-up or drop off time for the things mentioned below.
This pick-up and drop-off is only for the following:
Pick-up: Pictures for individuals and sports, Middle School Yearbooks, T-shirts
Turn-in: Uniforms (clean in a clear baggy), completed schoolwork
This day is NOT for locker cleanout. We will be doing locker cleanout toward the end of the school year when we request for all textbooks to be turned in.
***Please Note: When turning in work assignment packets,
Please make sure the student’s first and last names are written on ALL assignments.
Please remember students and/or parents are not allowed in the building at this time, as we are practicing social distancing during pick up and drop off time.
**IMPORTANT DATES FOR SPECIAL STUDENT CELEBRATIONS**
8th Grade Graduate “DRIVE THROUGH” Celebration:
June 3rd, 2020 – 10:00 a.m. at Bethany Community School
Winter & Spring Athletic Celebration:
June 2nd, 2020 – Time and Site – TBD
HIGH SCHOOL COURSE REGISTRATION FORMS
***Registration forms were sent, please note: The English/Social Studies (RCC Pathway) is only for rising Senior & Juniors.
HIGH SCHOOL GRADE CHOICE OPTION FORMS
BCS High School students were recently sent a grade option form for 2020-2021. This form is to be used for our Students along with their Parent/Guardian to select how each course final grade will appear on their transcript for 2nd-semester courses.
Students have two options for EACH final course grade:
1) Numeric Grade – highest grade representing learning as of March 13th or improvement through semester’s distance learning continued. This option to report a numeric grade on their transcript will be calculated into their cumulative GPA
2) Pass PC19 or Withdrawal WC19
- There is no GPA impact when students choose this option as the final grade on their transcript.
- PC19 does award a full unit of credit for high school courses.
- WC19 does not award a unit of credit. WC19 does not equate to failing a course but indicates a lack of evidence of mastery of standards addressed in the particular course and the school is unable to award a unit of credit.
KEY NOTES TO CONSIDER WHEN DECIDING STUDENT’S GRADE OPTIONS
- A student’s grade will be held harmless for learning after March 13th.
- PC19 – assigned to any student who was meeting expectations and passing the course as of March 13 or who worked to improve to the point of passing after March 13th through remote learning.
- WC19 – assigned to any student who was not passing the course as of March 13th and who was unable to improve to the point of passing the course through remote learning opportunities. A grade of WC19 does not equate to a failing course grade, WC19 simply indicates a lack of evidence of mastery of standards addressed in the particular content area.